Outsourced Tax Strategy
Is it time to create an in-house tax department? As a manager, you probably examine this question on a recurring basis–perhaps when the bill for your annual audit arrives. If tax returns are currently prepared by a large CPA firm, you may be tired of the inefficiencies of being a “small fish in a big pond” with respect to your inquiries regarding your pressing tax questions. Are you the recipient of last minute service? Is that service accompanied by surprise premium-sized service invoices?
Regardless of your concerns–service delivery, budget or service quality–creating an in-house operation is likely not to be viewed a pleasant alternative.
Downsides of an in-house department include:
- Training and Education
- Cost of Benefits
- Limited Expertise
- Changes Your Business Focus
- Managing people instead of issues
Add to this the considerable overhead costs for space, phones, desks, computers and more, and suddenly there is little benefit to bringing your tax work in-house, other than control. Of course, the first multi state or foreign tax question that arises will likely have your team referring to outside resources.
There is a better alternative. Hunter Group’s tax department is currently seeking a limited number of new corporate clients to its service roster.
It all comes down to trust. We are confident that the services and capabilities our experienced staff offer will match your needs and exceed your expectations.
Ultimately, your decision will be based on the confidence you have in our abilities, but here are some highlights of tax services we currently provide to businesses just like yours:
- Tax return preparation (multi state, multinational, sales & use tax, and more)
- Access to a nationwide network of professionals when and where needed via our affiliate relationship with CPAmerica International
- Tax planning for retirement benefits and related issues
- Resolution of tax issues for expatriates
- Analysis and evaluation consultation regarding tax implications of mergers/acquisitions
- Expertise with taxation of foreign operations (including access to our Horwath International Network)
- Tax planning services for mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, liquidations, joint ventures, exporting, consolidated returns, executive compensation, depreciation, state taxation, sales taxation, and more.
- Valuation services from CPAs who are accredited ABV/CVA/ASA credentialed valuations professional
- Analysis of building depreciation and cost segregation strategies
- Estate planning for key owners and management
- Financial planning and investment management services
Our team works closely with you and your staff to develop clear procedures and schedules to ensure timely, accurate results within your budget. Plus, we have multiple levels of tax expertise at your disposal to research and promptly answer your questions regarding complex tax issues.
From compliance to pro-active planning, analysis to recommending the most advantageous tax strategies, the tax team at Hunter Group is a ready resource for your business.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.